How to Report an Incident
In the event of a campus climate incident, a report may be submitted here: Report an Incident
*Please do not report incidents of Sexual Misconduct to Campus Climate Response System (CCRS). You may make these types of reports to the Office of Equal Opportunity (email@example.com, 515-294-7612).
Reports may be submitted by various individuals impacted by the incident, including the victim(s), witness(es), or a third party who was informed of the incident but was not present at the time of its occurrence. The CCRS has a response timeframe of approximately 72 hours.
If an individual chooses not to report the incident via the online form, other reporting options are available during normal business hours:
- In person at the Office of Equal Opportunity, 3410 Beardshear Hall
- Via email by sending detailed information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone, 515-294-7612
Anyone encountering a situation that requires immediate police assistance, medical or other emergency services should call the Iowa State University Police Department (ISUPD) at 515-294-4428 or 911.
Helpful hints for reporting a campus climate incident:
- Pay close attention to the date, time, and location of the incident. Providing as many facts as possible assists in the response to the incident.
- Describe the incident with as much detail as possible.
- Identify the individuals involved by name and/or Iowa State affiliation, if known.
- List possible witness(es) by name with contact information; please indicate whether there were witnesses to the incident.
- Recall that reports can be submitted via the online form, in person, via email, or by phone.